I know there are not a lot of recipes that I have that are tried and true in my arsenal that you all have not seen yet, so I asked a few of my friends to help me out with some of THEIR favs. This week’s recipe comes from the amazingly talented Mary of Gothcupcake fame. She is an amazing artist, an amazing friend, and hardcore vegan. One thing I LOVE about her, is that when she shares recipes with me, they are always so awesome that not only do I enjoy eating them, but I can get *GASP* both of the boys hooked on them as well! Yep, bacon lovin’ Greg likes vegan Mary recipes!!!
This recipe would be amazing to bring to a holiday get-together, or for a pot luck! OR….would be REALLY cute all decorated set on the kid’s table at a holiday dinner! 😀
So here we go!
1 c. non-dairy milk (soy, hemp, almond, rice, you pick!)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/4 c. white rice flour
2 Tbs cornstarch
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c. canola oil
3/4 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp + 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. Whisk the non-dairy milk and vinegar in a measuring cup and set aside a few minutes to curdle.
3. Once curdled, beat together the non-diary milk mixture, oil, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Add the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until you’ve gotten all the major lumps.
4. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way with batter and bake for 20 to 22 minutes until done. (An ice cream scoop works really well for making sure you get even batter in each cupcake liner!)
5. Transfer cupcakes to a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting with your favorite frosting!