This is dinner tonight, and it is a favorite with BOTH of the boys, as well as me, because it is healthy as well!!!
2 bags tyson pre-cut and pre-grilled chicken strips (I like the fajita flavored ones
3/4 C low fat sour cream
2 cans chopped green chilis, not drained
1 bag shredded Monteray Jack cheese (sometimes I will use the taco mix, though)
1/3 C chopped green onions
1 package 6″ flour tortillas
1 large can of enchelada sauce, and 1 regular can. I like to use one green and one red, cause I am goofy, and I make little swirls in it. Makes no difference, really…..
-Preheat oven to 350.
– Pour the bigger can of sauce onto the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish.
– In a big ole’ bowl, mix together the chicken, sour cream, chilis, and onions. (I actually chip down the chcken strips into cubes, but whatever…..)
– Stir in one cup of the cheese, put the rest to the side for laterz.
– Spoon about 1/3 C of the mixture down the center of each tortilla, then roll them and blace then in the baking dish on top of the sauce. Remember to put them seam side down, or you will have a mess.
– Pour the other can of sauce over the top of your encheiladas. Top with the reamining cheese.
– Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
We eat these with a dollop of more sourcream on the top, and some tortilla chips. The excess is great as leftovers, and can be frozen in tupperware containers! This one recipe will make 2 full meals for the 3 of us!
Gerg: 9 He loves the filling!
Moi: 8 I love that I can use the leftovers the next day, and freeze the finished product!
Monkey: 10 This is one of his favorites!
Gory: Gory can’t really eat this, it is a bit spicy for him.
Final: Easy to freeze, and easy to make. Boy friendly, hubby loves it!