Let me start this off by saying…I am not vegan. I never would have the will power to NOT eat cheese or ice cream, not even on my best day would I be able to resist temptation. But I was having some guests over, and their daughter is HIGHLY allergic to all dairy products, and eggs. So I did what any good friend would do, I ran over to My dear friend, Mary C. of Gothcupcake, and begged her for some yummy vegan recipes!
Well, in the course of the day, my friends had something come up, so they would not be coming! GAH! What to do? Well, then my girlfriend Elyse told me she wanted to come over, with my favorite canine nephew Pandy, and my girlfriend Bree and her non-boyfriend Seth also wanted foor, so I thought, HEY! Impromptu dinner party! RIGHT ON!
So I made Mary’s AMAZING brownies (I actually made 2 batched, and there are now only 4 left…) some steak for the carnivores, and an AMAZAING veggie pasta dish for the non-meat eaters! (Seth is the only ove that is a veggie, but I am really not a fan of the meat either).
So, since my dinner party was such a success, and I got such RAVE reviews about the dinner, I thought I would share BOTH recipes with my readers!
-2 cups flour
-2 cups sugar
-1 teaspoon salt
-3/4 cup cocoa powder (most are dairy-free, but read the labels! Look for ones with just cocoa as the main ingredient)
-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
-1 cup water
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/2 vegetable oil (even olive oil will do, so long as it’s not flavored)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a muffin pan or fill pan with cupcake liners.
2. Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl
3. Mix wet ingredients together in a small bowl
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together. The dough should be thick.
5. Use a spoon to drop dollops of batter into each liner. Roughly 2 heaping tablespoons of batter in each liner.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of a brownie comes out clean.